Bilingual Service Offered in English & French
Serving Ottawa and surrounding areas as a certified Birth and Labor, Postpartum, and Placenta Encapsulation Doula.
As a birth doula, I provide emotional and physical support to a woman during her labor and delivery. I can also facilitate communication with the staff to ensure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions regarding your baby’s birth. I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning, and other techniques for your comfort. I am independent and self-employed, and as such, I am working for YOU, not your caregiver or place of birth.
Birth support package: 700$
- Free no-obligation consultation
- Two prenatal visits
- Unlimited email/phone/text support throughout your pregnancy
- A birth plan
- On-call starting at 37 weeks
- Back-up doula on call
- Continuous labour support
- Two hours of postpartum support after baby’s birth
- Initial breastfeeding support (or bottle feeding if desired)
- One postpartum visit
**30 minutes of comfort measure techniques & reflexology on babies**
It can be overwhelming to get into a new routine, whether as a new mother or adapting to having another child. As a postpartum doula, I am there to take some of the load off your shoulders, by helping with the transition period, by providing you with tips, and by giving you a break to allow you rest and heal! The postpartum period is from birth up to a year.
Postpartum support packages:
5 hours : 110$ - 10 hours : 220$ - 20 hours : 400$ -
50 hours : 900$
Postpartum support overnight:
10 hours : 250$ - 8 hours : 200$
- Assist you as you learn to care for your baby (bathing, feeding, sleeping)
- Create a postpartum plan
- Guide your partner to have time caring for and bonding with baby
- Provide breastfeeding, pumping or bottle assistance
- Identify signs and knowledge of postpartum mood disorders
- Light housework and snack preparation
- Support you emotionally
***Padsicles & Herbal & Epson Salt will be provided***
The placenta is an organ that develops in the uterus during pregnancy to remove waste and to provide to oxygen and nutrients to the baby through the umbilical cord. Placenta encapsulation is a process that requires the fresh placenta to be washed, steamed, dehydrated, then ground. This process will create 75-185 capsules, depending on the size and thickness of the organ.
A tincture, a herbal salve, and a smoothie can also be made from the placenta as well. There are many benefits of the placenta which can assist in the mother’s healing process after birth, some facts below:
- Faster milk production due to the high levels of hormones, like prolactin
- Shorter postpartum bleeding due to oxytocin and urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII
- Energy boost, thanks to the high iron content
- A sense of well being from the natural progesterone and cortisone content
- A possible reduction or total elimination of postpartum depression due to the many hormones at play, but specifically the corticotropin-releasing hormone, which drops significantly after the birth of the placenta
- Reduction of pain due to oxytocin which has an opioid like effect
Placenta Encapsulation : 250$
- Placenta preparation into capsules
- Umbilical Cord Keepsake (if desired)
- Tincture 4 oz
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Instructions on handling and ingestion amount
Placenta Print : 10$
Salve : 25$
Smoothie : 15$
Traditional Belly Binding
What is Bengkung?
Bengkung is a traditional Malaysian belly binding method. Essentially, it is the practice of tying a long strip of cloth around the abdomen during the postpartum recovery period to ensure strong support to the womb after childbirth.
Benefits of Belly Binding
- Supporting the internal organs
- Assisting in abdominal wall retraction and diastasis recti recovery
- Reducing the postpartum "pooch" that many women experience
- Encouraging good posture
- Improving circulation
- Reducing water retention
- Closing and reshaping of the hips and rib cage
- Decreasing postpartum bleeding time
- Supporting the pelvic floor
- Lessening after pains
- Encouraging spinal realignment to a pre-pregnancy state
- Preventing slouching while feeding or holding your child
What does the service include?
75$ Complete Belly Binding service with solid muslin wrap included
(10$ off for existing clients)
* 1 postpartum wrapping session in the comfort of your home with instructions and education on how to use your binding
* Application of warming firming paste and light abdominal massage (optional)
* 1 unbleached muslin belly binding to keep for your future use. Also includes a warming panel to protect from paste
$45 Plain wrap
$55 Colored wrap
$65 Batik wrap
All wraps are made from muslin, and are approximately 10 inches wide and 15 yards long (or as requested).
10$ Firming paste
Had a Caesarian? Not a problem!
The belly binding will be done a little differently and you can still get all its benefits.
Belly Binding is done 24hrs postpartum for a vaginal birth and no sooner than 2 weeks post partum in the case of a c-section birth to allow proper oxygen to the wound for healing.
For how long?
The Belly Bind is most effective and best used during the first 8 weeks postpartum, but can be useful for support at anytime during the postpartum period.
How is it different than western girdles and corsets?
Bengkung is 100% customised to your body every single time you wear it. In comparison, a mass-produced bind is only semi-customizable.
* They are comfortable and can be worn under your clothes during your daily activities and with your baby wraps and carriers.
* They are more breathable and allow more range of movement compared to velcro wraps.
A la carte : 25$/hour
50% of deposit required upon contract signing.
**Placenta combined with another service receives 10% off **
Nipple Butter: $10
Belly Butter: $15
Raspberry Leaf Tea: $15
Lactation Cookies: $10
Here are some statistics:
• 28% less likely to have a cesarean section
• 31% less likely to use synthetic oxytocin (i.e. Pitocin) to speed labor
• 9% less likely to use any pain medication
• 34% less like to rate their childbirth experience negatively.